Monday, February 21, 2011

The Social Network

I'm aware that I'm very late on this one. In my quest to see all the Oscar nominees possible before the Oscars, I finally added "The Social Network" to my list.
It was pretty good, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype I expected. Mark Zuckerburg is borderline savant as far as I'm concerned, but definitely a genius. Justin Timberlake was hella creepy with the n*sync style throwback hair and helped solidify the widespread belief that sean parker is a huge douchebag.
Other than that, I thought it was a good movie, but not incredibly amazing. I give the screenwriters mad props for making a pretty interesting story over Intellectual Property laws, and they definitely deserve an Oscar. But, other than them, I think they should just be excited to be invited to the party. One thumb up. And another one if you count my roommate who watched it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment