Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mrs. Galifianakis......BUT

I wandered to my local video establishment this past weekend in order to pick up the fourth season of "Dexter". To my dismay, someone had beat me to the punch. So I wandered and happened upon a new release with my love Mr. Zach Galifianakis on the cover. I snatched it up on went on my way.
The movie is called "Frenemy" and the summary was as follows from IMDB.com "Mr. Jack and Sweet Stephen cruise aimlessly through the streets of LA speculating about life, death, divine will and the force of power that predetermines their existence. Mr. Jack attempts to illustrate to his sidekick the delicate and natural forces of the universe. Sweet Stephen's superficial charm and bloodsucking lifestyle sends him and Mr. Jack on a voyage that is relentless, engaging, and darkly hilarious.".
Let me make it clear here....Galifianakis is NEITHER of these two characters, and his screen time is limited. The sad little production companies that made this crap should be ashamed of themselves and admit to being sell outs! Putting Galifianakis on the cover in order to exploit his name and limited cult following (me).

This movies was really strange, there were a few things that were funny, but it generally made me uncomfortable. The plot summary and dust-cover gave no hint to the fact that this was going to be a sick and twisted film that left me concerned for the safety of talk show hosts and waitresses in addition to creating an irrational fear and suspicion for people with British accents. Don't waste your time with this, especially if you were hoping for more than a glimpse at that lovable little nugget of fur that is Zach Galifianakis. I am still a die-hard fan that flirts with the fine line of obsession, but Zach....you are better than this. It wasn't clever, or tounge-in-cheek, or even artsy. It just sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment