Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Biutiful

I don't even know if words can express how phenomenal this film was. After it finished I sat in silence for about 5 minutes, and for the next 20 minutes I inadvertently would start crying because I was so emotionally overloaded. The story was so innately created, it didn't even seem like a story; there was no doubt in my mind that this was really happening somewhere in Spain.

Javier Bardem was so incredibly good, he dealt with so many different issues-as a viewer I didn't know which part of his life to be most upset about. The story dealt with so many current issues our world is facing: immigration, illegal workers, health care, broken homes, in addition to people living in poverty, but it never felt like a social propaganda based film. There are some films (read: Avatar) that are awesome, but also the social issue undertone is so strong that you almost feel like you have been brainwashed. The directing and acting was just on a completely different level than anything else I've seen this year.

My Oscar picks have changed. THIS is it-Best Picture. If not, then the entire cast and country of Spain have been robbed. Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment