Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Norman Bates.

Norman Bates symbolizes everything that is terrifying about the dating scene and meeting dudes in general. Do I think that was the message Hitchcock was hoping for? Probably not, but whatever. In a throwback nature, this week I watched "Psycho". Black and white style added to the creepiness of this movie, and I definitely enjoyed it.
Along the lines of a psychological thriller of the less complicated sort, the plot line was original. (thankfully no one has tried to redo this one-that would be an epic fail) This was my first Hitchcock movie, and I definitely was satisfied. I think for my next venture into the classics, I will attempt his movie "The Birds". That will probably scare the shit out of me...can't wait. I definitely tried to spot Alfred in the movie, I've heard that he always made a cameo, but I guessed I missed him.
I also really enjoyed the cars and culture of this one. I know it was on point at the time, but it was refreshing and interesting to see that setting for real and not recreated by modern hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment