Thursday, October 7, 2010

Caught by "Catfish"

I know, I know...how cliche, I'm going to review Catfish and be super vague about it at the same time. I went into the movie totally expecting people to die and horror to ensue. So as to not spoil the ending, I won't say whether or not it met my expectations.
However, the three man crew of Nev, Rel, and Henry invited me into their studio office in NYC and I immediately felt like I was part of their friends. The complete openness in which the film was shot, in addition to the grainy and honest feeling, had me completely enthralled and guessing what would happen next.
I agree with a friend who said, the most shocking part of the movie was Nev's lower back tatoo...who saw that coming? But this movie went far beyond what I expected. It scared the shit out of me in a professional, "identity theft" kinda way and at the same time, I had to admire Angela's umm....creative passion? Regardless, the movie definitely creeped me out, made me think twice about this whole social media gig, and reminded me that even if the people are on the internet, still don't talk to strangers. That's only okay on approved websites like match.com or craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment