Monday, October 18, 2010

In nomine Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

That's right ladies and gents-Boondock Saints. I know that I have committed a cardinal sin by waiting this long to see this movie, but I have righted my wrongs. And thank the Lord I did. Boondock Saints was absolutely amazing, right up my alley in my favorite genre of movies-Irish people kicking ass. I can't go too much into the plotline without giving a lot away, but this movie is so phenomenally epic, it makes sense why boys everywhere love it. And I promised my friend andrew, and I will recommend to you as well, do not...i repeat DO NOT see the sequel. It will ruin everything for you.
These two Irish brothers become a vigilante force, riding the world of evil-doers. The story definitely brings up some moral questions, and makes you wonder if this could happen in the real world/this day and time. A lot of ass-kicking takes place, in that super raw not cinematic style, which is always the best. I give this one both thumbs way up. Do it.
While we are on the topic of Irish guys kicking ass, another amazing movie of note is "Greenstreet Hooligans". Starring Elijah Wood, circa his hobbit era, its as far away from LOTR as he could get. This one focuses on the hooliganism surrounding football clubs in Europe, and has some pretty epic fight scenes. Definitely worth the two hours to sit down and watch a film. Oh, there ya go, I said it....film, not movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment