Monday, November 1, 2010

CONVICTION

"Conviction" is Sam Rockwell and Hilary Swank's newest film, and let me tell you, it is so worth your $8.25. I hadn't heard anything about this film before tonight, and I'm still in post movie-awe mode. This based on a true story film made me cry, count it, THREE times (which is unheard of) and left me questioning our justice system and country as a whole. The most gripping part of this story, for me, was the fact that it was
a. true, and
b. happening everywhere across this "land of the free".
The continual plight of the uneducated and poor people of America is always represented in movies, but something about this story being true really got to me. Hllary Swank is by far one of the most talented actresses of our time, and I literally can't wait to see each of her films as they premiere. And, one to watch, is little Bailee Madison (young hilary in this movie) who also brought me to tears in the Tobey Maguire/Natalie Portman flick "Brothers". This little girl is getting to emotions that no eleven year old should be able to (happy birthday btw, october 15th!). I can't wait to see more from her, and from this entire cast. GREAT MOVIE, go see it, or put it on your Netflix queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment