Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last dabbles of New Releases

From this point onwards I promise I will keep up, all you avid readers....

crickets.

1) Hangover 2
This was rediculously raunchy, almost so much so that I couldn't really get into it. I want to see it again, I'm sure there are funny quotes I missed out on, and will think are funnier the second time through. I didn't mind that the story was exactly the same, what bothered me was that things weren't fixable. In the first one, everything that happened could be fixed and moved on from. But, in this one, there is some shit that you just can't fix! I mean, jail and amputations aren't fixable.

2) Everything Must Go
Will Ferrell in a fairly mature humor role, and I kinda liked it. This was more of a dark, make you think, comedy in a way. It was extremely complex and left me with thoughts and ideas that I continue to ponder. It was almost painful to watch someone's life just fall apart in front of your eyes, and their inability to deal with it. I liked it though. Made me think. See it when you aren't in a vulnerable state in your life. (i.e. I saw it graduation week. poor choice indeed)

3) Green Lantern
Ryan Reynolds is so freaking hot. Like not even real he's so hot. The movie was just a wee bit too much sci-fi for me, and I think they tried to cover too much comic book story line too fast. I was confused why there were a million green lantern people who were protecting millions of planets never heard of. Again with the Blake Lively issues, her as a brunette-pilot-businesswoman? Come one people, give me two out of the three, but not all three...that's just not even plausible. It was an okay story, the effects were cool, but it just seemed like a lot of buildup to not that much actual superhero action. Mehhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment