Thursday, June 30, 2011

Better Late Than Never.

So life has been a bit hectic lately, and I've neglected my blogging duties. Here are just a few of the (older) new releases I've seen:

1) THOR
Okay, so I went into this one a bit skeptical, and wasn't too sure about the whole Norse-God Superhero storyline. I LOVED it! Natalie Portman was strangely believable as the nerdy, unsure of herself scientist who falls in love with a mythical god. Chris Hemsworth is also really freaking hott. The story was nicely woven between the mythical world and earth, and the visual effects were seriously cool. I don't think I would have liked this one in 3D, but there were some quality explosions and pyrotechnics. Also, the fight scene where Thor dominates the secret government agents seriously made me want to beat somebody...it was that good.

2) BRIDESMAIDS
The more I think about this, the funnier I think it is. At the time, I was a little pissed off at the story line, "whack job best friend completely looses it as her life falls apart and her successful best friend gets married and leaves her alone". I somewhat resonate with this story line (surprising I know, I have a blog that only my mother occasionally reads). After the credits and some personal soul searching however, I thought it was a clever plot line that guys and girls could both identify with. Apparently guys thought this movie was way funnier than girls did, which makes me laugh. Everyone dreads their best friends wedding; whether it be their taste in fashion or their impending bridezilla phase, everyone knows something bad will happen. I loved the combination of her bridal party, and the competition for spaces in the female hierarchy. See it, and watch it with your girlfriends. And if someone is getting married, watch it as a guide of what NOT to do.

3) X-MEN FIRST CLASS
Um, duh. This was awesome. I love the entire x-men collection, and it was awesome to see where the original cast came from, and the awesome mutants that were lost along the way. The effects were awesome, and as usual the mutant powers were extremely inventive. It was sad to see a movie without Hugh Jackman, but James McAvoy almost made up for his hotness. It was a good story, and it completed the story that has been unfolding for years. I also like that sometimes they tie the story in with history, holla atcha girl cuban missle crisis! See it for sure, and if you haven't seen the entire x-men saga...I might even suggest that you start with this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment