Thursday, June 30, 2011

DVD Releases

Okay, while I was at home, I had some time to watch movies with my mom, which means movies I missed in theaters. Quick run-down of some of these.

1) You Again
Actually a pretty cute movie. A cute premise that I don't think has been done before, and of course any movie with Betty White is destined to be a cute one! Definitely implausible, but cute non the less. I really liked Kristin Bell in this, she was cute and quirky, which isn't really a surprise for her. Regardless I liked it, definitely a good one for mom/daughter day.

2) The Town
This was really good. I figured it would be because of Jeremy Renner's nomination, but I was pleasantly affirmed in how good it was! There were several instances where I said, wait what?? And I don't really like Ben Affleck that much, so he brought his A game for sure. I was a bit distracted by Blake Lively, for some reason I just can't buy her as a cracked out NJ teen mom, but good for her trying to expand her acting portfolio. Definitely go redbox this one.

3) I Am Number Four
This movie got a fair amount of coverage, but I never heard of anyone actually seeing it. I figured it would be super cinematic cheesy and not very good, but I actually liked it! It was an interesting premise, and the nerd kid factor made me happy. Some of the super natural creatures were a bit much, but it was a different plot line and something I found interesting and engaging. I would rent it if you don't have anything to do, or want a simple action movie. Not to shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment