Thursday, June 30, 2011

KIDS MOVIESSSSSSS!!!

Since I'm being a nanny this summer, I have the divine privilege of seeing kids movies. This won't be long, but here goes:

1) Kung Fu Panda 2
Right, I had no idea what the original Kung Fu panda was about, so the sequel part of this was lost on me. I thought it was hilarious that a Panda just figured out a goose wasn't his birth father, and the way in which the panda were exterminated because of a turkey's premonition was a bit reminiscent of the moses story in the bible, but don't mind me screenwriters. Mehhh.....

2) Cars 2
SO CUTE! I liked it a lot, was a little scared by the "biofuel is the enemy" story line, but what a surprise, Disney probably owns all of the oil reserves anyways. The new spy cars were awesome, and there were some funny lines from Mater. The boys loved it, which says a lot, so I liked it too. GO for sure!

3) Rio
So freaking adorable! I loved little Rio! The music was awesome, and all the celeb voice appearances were great! It was a cute story, and I loved the thug gangsters! Definitely a precious classic with love all around! Loved it!

4) The Princess and the Frog
Thank goodness Disney brought back the old school animation! However, if I was from the state of Louisiana I would be insanely offended by this movie. The creole and cajun stereotypes were just ridiculous. It was a cute story, and one of the first with a positive mother figure from Disney. Regardless, I appreciate what they are trying to do with the racially diverse princess, but it seems almost like they created it in 1988, and just found the reel and decided to release it.

No comments:

Post a Comment