Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Cheesy

Okay, next up I have three movies that are still in theaters. Hooray for being current!

1. Contagion
No surprise here, this was really good. It had a complicated story and plot and was really riveting. It moved quickly and slowly at the same time, and had a good balance of mystery and thriller. I was worried that the star studded cast would throw off the story, but each of them shared the action, which allowed you to forget their stardom. This movie made me nervous. It was incredibly scary how quickly this situation could come to fruition and how quickly germs and information spread. I really liked it, even though it made me nervous. I definitely recommend it, just don't watch it when you are sick, it will play mind games with you.

2. Apollo 18
This was terrible. I didn't know going into it that it was going to be terrible. But it was. The premise wasn't that bad: there is a mission to the moon with astronauts that no one knows about, and they never return. The flaw was that there were this killing stone crab rock things (spoiler alert) that end up being the villain. The problem was that all through the movie you said to yourself....wait, what? There were numerous times during it that I said, "oh hell no!" and decided that was the point in time I would have headed straight back to earth. Don't see this. Or if you do, make up a drinking game or something for it.

3. Seven Days in Utopia
This movie was about a Texas golfer who looses his game and goes to a hillbilly town and manages to get it back. It was a really sweet story, and made me love golf even more than I already do. The ending was really cheesy. Consider yourself warned. But this one definitely leaves you with a positive message and reflecting on the path your own life is taking. I appreciated the message, and that he ends his story at the tournament I interned with. I don't want to get sappy, but it made me miss the Valero Texas Open family and experience, and the beautiful golf courses in the Texas Hill Country. I would recommend it, definitely if you need a movie for a family get together or a conservative group.

No comments:

Post a Comment