Sunday, November 13, 2011

I am a terrible blogger.

it's a fact.
I haven't blogged in two months. I had plans to celebrate my one year anniversary of this blog by counting how many movies I've watched in a year, but obviously I didn't do that either.

1)Lion King
Disney did a great job with this. I forgot how much I loved the movie, the graphics and visuals were fantastic, and I'm so excited that they have decided to re-release more of the classics in 3D. Don't worry, I still wept like a child at certain points, so not that much changed.

2) Drive
Okay, I have a mild obsession with Ryan Gosling. I won't even lie about it. We all know he is dead sexy and a damn good actor, so really this shouldn't come as a surprise. Drive was an incredible movie, I really enjoyed it, and I think if you watched it more than once you would pick up on a lot more of the symbolism and deeper story. I really didn't know what to expect going in, and I was really interested in the way they told a pretty plain story. There were lots of intense silences, almost so that it made me uncomfortable. I would definitely recommend it.

3) The Debt
The conspiracy theorist inside me secretly loved this, but there were only about 10-15 minutes of real action and story telling. The rest of the time was devoted to reliving the scene, details, and a quick 6 minute action wrap-up at the end. So sad for Helen Mirren, the scripts she chooses are so hit and miss. This was a very close miss, but regardless, a miss. I liked the idea, but thought maybe it should have been a short film, or just a tv movie, or something. The good news is that I got to eat popcorn for two hours.

4) Puss N Boots
ohmygosh I loved this movie! It was so stinkin' cute! AND Zack Galifianakis is the voice of Humpty! WIN!! I loved the story, it was a mix of old and new, and basically it was geared towards adults the entire time. There were so many one-liners and innuendos, I almost died. It was a kid's movie that adults will definitely enjoy! I would sincerely recommend it, if you enjoy childish humor and clever adaptions of humans to cats.

A cat, in boots. so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment