Wednesday, December 14, 2011

one of these things is NOT like the other.

again with the back log of time and updates, but have no fear, I'm back.

The next two movies I saw have nothing in common except that I saw them, ate popcorn during them, and paid matinee prices for them. Or as the brits say, "in-between" prices. How precious are they?

J.Edgar

Okay, I really appreciate the acting work that Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron/Tyler Winklevoss (real name unknown) did in this film. However, I thought it was horrendously slow, drawn out, and quite jumpy in its story telling. After the last scene, while the credits rolled, the other people in the audience seemed very impressed. I then noticed that I was the only non-retired viewer in the audience. Maybe my unfamiliarity with the story is what barred my enjoyment, however, I almost nodded off and definitely checked my watch once or twice during the whole shebang.

I thought the cinematography was really interesting, and the makeup was phenomenal. DiCaprio continues to impress me with his character choice and range, although the things he makes his hair do are also up there on the impress list. I would wait for DVD on this one, and dedicate an afternoon that you want to get some history/a nap for watching.


The Muppets Movie

ohmigoddd, I loved it. I had forgotten how much I loved the Muppets (oh hey, storyline) and was so pleased, excited, and happy to see them all together again! I love Amy Adams, and Jason Segel, so they just added to it. The cameos were great! ZACK GALIFIANAKIS WAS IN IT, and I didn't even know!! He did a stellar part as Hobo Joe, definitely a nomination-worthy performance. I would definitely recommend this one for the family, or if you are feeling nostalgic, or feeling sad, or feeling happy. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment