Monday, May 9, 2011

throwback thursday(s)

Okay, in the interest of space, here comes another double action post! Not one but 2 throwback thursdays!

Apocalypse Now: I'm not the biggest fan of FF Coppola, normally because I just don't get it. I had to watch this movie for a class, and the first viewing left me extremely annoyed. After doing a little more research, and understanding it was from the 70s (not as I expected, a 90s cheap filming) and hearing the infamous quote "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning" I was a little more into it. It doesn't change the fact that I think Martin Sheen is the redheaded step child of the family, and thus a terrible human. But it did make me think, and sort of made me want to watch it again in order to get all of the deep psychological understanding. Apparently it is based on Conrad's, Heart of Darkness (thus why we watched it in class), but it seemed like this movie was much better than that book.

Kingpin: This was freaking hilarious. I've always wanted to see it, and LUCKILY it came on tv and I had time to DVR it (i'm a genius, I know). Anyways, the plot was silly and many of the jokes blew past me, but I loved bill murray in an actually funny role, and it was nice to see woody harrelson not acting like a mentally challenged character. Definitely a good 90s comedy, that I wouldn't have understood until this point in my life. I also loved that the sport of bowling was taken so seriously, and I'm now really scared of the air vents at the bowling alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment