Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the elephants were thirsty.

So, they needed some water!!

Water for Elephants, the new romantic/animal-cruelty/circus story starring everyone's favorite vampire was surprisingly good. As a disclaimer, I didn't read the book, so I may be full of crock and have no idea what I'm talking about.

The story line was original, sweet, inspiring, and a little bit "edge-of-your-seat" thrilling. By the end I really felt that I knew the characters, and I was super invested in what was going to happen to them. The generally consensus was that Reese Witherspoon was too old (sorry Elle) and that it made it a little harder to believe. I was pleasantly surprised with Robert Pattinson (he didn't even sparkle!) and the fact that he could in fact act, and didn't just look sexy and tormented for 2 hours. I loved all the animals, Hal Holbrook was a precious old man (shocker) and Christoph Waltz was superb! I didn't expect anything less from him, but it is always good to have your suspicions reinforced!

Go see this one! It will make you want a pet elephant and want to run away and join the circus. Which, in my opinion, doesn't seem like a bad side effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment