Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All I Do Is "Win-Win"

(sorry, I'm really feeling clever today)

"Win-Win" is an incredible movie about a lawyer on the brink of bankruptcy who makes some interesting choices to save his family. These choices turn out to be way more complicated than he ever expected, but he reaps the benefits of the situation regardless. Taking a troubled kid under his wing turns out to be an incredible situation for his after-school wrestling team.

Let me say this: I love Paul Giamatti. I think he has really evolved as an actor, and is getting better with age and has consistently been finding incredible roles.

I really wanted this movie to be awesome. Since I've been blogging, I've realized that I want a movie to be awesome, so I see it and think it is awesome, come home and blog about how awesome it is, and then realize it may not have been that awesome. So, I hesitated a lot before writing this post. That being said, this movie really was awesome. I loved the story line and thought the acting was phenomenal. A big shout out goes to the writers who, I felt, really made the script like a family speaks. There is one really intense, pivotal moment, and the mom (Amy Ryan, Holly from The Office) says, "I just want you to know, We love you". And it just broke my heart and made me so happy at the same time. It seemed so real, and I really was cheering in my seat for everything to go the way I wanted.

This was seriously a great movie, I've offered to go see it again with anyone who doesn't want to be lonely thumbs.
But two of my thumbs are way, way up for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment