Tuesday, March 5, 2013

5 Broken Cameras

I will never be a successful writer, due to my inability to write consistently.

"5 Broken Cameras" was one of the documentary films nominated for an Oscar this year, and I must say, I think it was a slow year for documentaries. It wasn't that it was bad. it just wasn't insanely interesting. The film documented the peaceful movement of farmers in Palestine against the Israeli forces taking land belonging to them along the border in the last ten years. The film maker went through 5 cameras while telling the story, lost friends, suffered personal injury and endangered he and his family's way of life for a long time in order to try and gain back land that was rightfully theirs. It was an interesting way of learning about the conflict, but it was rather slow going, and just didn't do a ton for me.

Unless you are a documentary fanatic, I wouldn't take up vital queue space with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment