Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thank You In-Flight Entertainment.

I recently traveled abroad, and had the glorious opportunity to sit undisturbed for 10 hours each way and watch movies. I don't really understand why people complain about traveling, it was awesome. A nice lady brought me snacks and drinks, I got to snuggle and watch movies for the bargain price of like $1,000. It was great.

1) Arthur
Russell Brand is one of those people you either hate or love. I personally love him, and adding Helen Mirren to him was freaking genius. This was actually pretty good, and had some hilarious one-liners. It was also really cool to think about what you piss away money on if you had $900million. It was a pretty traditional story line; rich brat is forced to do something in order to keep his money, and falls in love with the incorrect target. However, the quirkiness of Brand's character and the strange girl he falls for was clever and cute. I'm concerned about their affinity for Looney Tunes though, that just didn't seem right.

2) Hall Pass
This was funny. A bit twisted, and probably funnier if you are married/hating life, but it was funny. It helped that I have a GIANT crush on Jason Sudeikis and got to just straight up oggle at him for two hours. I have a thing for a good head of hair, I'll admit. It was good to see Owen Wilson be funny after that whole "i'm going to kill myself" thing a few years ago. The best part comes close to the end when the two free men finally make it to a club, and take advice from their super creepy "ladies man" friend. The best part is that what he is saying is completely true, and if you have ever been to a club you know exactly what he is talking about it. I would definitely recommend this one.

3) Gnomeo and Juliet
Omigod this was cute. I really liked it, got concerned there was going to be a gnome double suicide at the end, but now I wouldn't want to be a spoiler. Great animation, awesome concept of gnomes that come alive, and there is a yard flamingo that is to die for. There are some deaths and they were kind of upsetting, because for a gnome to die they have to get smashed. Its scarring to say the least. So cute, definitely see this one!

4) Life As We Know It
Dear LORD this was sad. Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel (so hott) are the best friends of a couple, but they hate each other. The couple dies and leaves them in custody of their baby. Now, I dislike babies. But this made me so sad! Heigl has a scene where she freaks out and explains that she doesn't know what she is doing and the one person that she would call and tell/ask for advice is dead and put her in that situation. omigod sad!! It made me cry and laugh, it was a super cute and cheesy movie, but had good stuff in it. Girls, go see it. and for the love of all things holy, tell your friends if you are planning on leaving them a baby in case of an untimely death.

5) How Do You Know
this movie was absolutely TERRIBLE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. I love the cast (Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson) but oh dear it was bad. Paul Rudd's character could have been charming and neurotic, but he was just a lunatic. It was just blahhhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment