Sunday, August 14, 2011

In Theaters NOW!

I'm actually almost timely for once!

1) Horrible Bosses
SO FUNNY! GO SEE IT! Again, I'm obsessed with Jason Sudeikis (I'm a sucker for good hair and weird last names, obviously) and he was so freaking funny in this. I want to see it again because there are definitely some awesome one liners, and it was just really funny. Charlie Day is awesome, I'm excited to see what else he does. GO SEE IT!

2) Captain America
This was absolutely amazing. If they don't win an Oscar for sound-mixing, the Academy is on crack. The movie was really well done, and the acting was incredible. It was a bit cheese ball in the beginning because Chris Evans is just so scrawny and desperate to be a hero, but it gets better as it goes on. By far one of my favorite from the MARVEL team, and I'm really excited for their next project The Avengers (looks amazinggg). I am continually impressed at this studio's ability to make traditional comics incredibly interesting, succinct, and fun. Good job, keep it up. Chris Evans did an incredible job, I loved his transformation and the story line relating it to actual events at that time was great. It was just great, I liked it a lot. Go see it; be an American.

3) Cowboys and Aliens
This was great! I didn't really know what to expect going in, if it was going to be serious or just a big fat joke. It was really well done, and I loved Daniel Craig in it-playing a bad ass as usual. Harrison Ford was excellent too, and the rest of the cast did a great job. The storyline was incredibly inventive and well thought out, and not even that hard to believe. Made perfect sense to me. It was a little scary at times, and a little strange, but it really was good. I liked it a lot. People clapped at the end, which is always a good sign.

4) Smurfs
I was pleasantly surprised by this, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The smurfs actually were pretty cute and funny, and I am starting to really like Neil Patrick Harris. It was a pretty predictable story line; except for them being super mean to the poor clumsy one. Not even fair; its not his fault! The acting was mediocre, but it had to be incredibly hard to act and interact with nonexistent costars. I wouldn't pay $11.50 or whatever for this one, wait for RedBox.

No comments:

Post a Comment