Sunday, August 14, 2011

30 Minutes or Less

Every now and then, a really funny movie comes out and it takes a while for people to realize its out and hilarious. This is one of those movies. So, I'm doing my civic and moral duty and telling everyone I know that it is hilarious in order to expedite the process. This isn't ground breaking comedy, its just hilarious stupid comedy.

The cast: Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari, Nick Swardson, and Jesse Eisenberg. All absolutely hilarious. After every movie Jesse Eisenberg is in, my opinion of him changes. In general I never know what to expect from him, and I don't think he is a very good actor, I just think he has an incredible agent/management team who picks roles that are his personality. That being said, he was still insanely funny in this, the writers were incredible. The plot basically goes as follows: Jesse Eisenberg's life sucks, and Danny McBride and Nick Swardson are absolute idiots. They kidnap Eisenberg and strap a bomb to him in order to force him to rob a bank. The movie is riddled with absurd and crude jokes and littered with racial slurs; and I LOVED it. People were howling throughout the entire theater, so I wasn't alone. Danny McBride is so ridiculous that if you don't laugh at him, you are an idiot. Don't take your kids to see it, because they won't understand what is so funny and you will have wasted $8.50 and polluted their minds. But, for the love of all things holy, take yourself to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment