Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tangled Up

Well, looks like the "kid in me" vibe was strong this week. Tangled 3D was up right after Megaming 3D, and it did not dissappoint. First interesting point, it was Disney's 50th animated feature, which had me all excited to begin with. The story was the story of Repunzel, and after the fact I realized I'm not sure that I ever heard the Repunzel story as a child.
The story was creative and different, and I really enjoyed a new Disney Princess. In keeping with the Disney theme of never having a strong/positive mother character, another evil mother was born. I won't even begin to explain my conspiracy theory that Disney dislikes mothers (but think about it....name a Disney princess with an awesome mom....didn't think so!) The only part about the movie that seriously concerned me was the way in which they told the story, kids of this generation, in general, suck at watching movies. They want all the answers and info at the get-go, no sense of adventure. The beginning of the movie definitely addressed that in order to explain to the little chitlin what was about to happen.
Regardless it was a cute movie, with some catchy songs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment