Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No, I'm not dead.

Have no fear blogosphere, i am not dead.
It has been an insane month and a half, and I'm back in the saddle. The good news is that I managed to watch a few flicks before my life spiraled out of control and, GASP, my DVD player broke.

First up: Cedar Rapids, with the triple threat bundle of joy that is Will Ferrel, Ed Helms, and John C. Reilly. The movie was really clever, and had many funny parts that let me chuckle. The general viewing audience was a bit older than me, and they definitely laughed harder than I did. I think this is because I don't have a real job yet (if you are reading...hire me!) so I haven't been to conferences and all that jazz. However, if I had, it would probably have been even more hilarious. Tim Lippe (Ed Helms) was a baller, and I loved the almost expected plot twist that still came out of nowhere! Its in dvd production now, but if you are seeking a glimpse into the working adult world, snatch this when it comes out on dvd!!

Next: Adjustment Bureau.
Gag me. I expected this to probably not be very good because it wasn't enough of a blockbuster to be released at a prime time (christmas, thanksgiving, may, or summer) and matt damon usually doesn't have two stellar movies in a row. Emily Blunt was good, but it was so predictable and the ending was less than exciting and didn't really make sense. Don't waste your dollar at the redbox. If you see a man in a trench coat and a hat following you around with what looks like a skinny scientific lab notebook from 7th grade science fair, then the people own your life. That was what I got from the movie. It did had some cool cinematography shots and techniques, but it wasn't even worth nerding out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment